[Libva] Observed random hang on intel platform like baytrail, haswell and skylake

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Thu Dec 15 08:43:17 UTC 2016

Hi Veeranna,

How many instances did you launch? can you remotely access your machine when system hang?

Thanks
Haihao

Hi,

I have downloaded krogoth version of yocto and build it.

Kernel version : 4.4
gstreamer-vaapi : 1.8.0
libva : 1.7.0
Intel-driver : 1.7.0

Then flashed the built image on haswell(Intel i5-4590) and launched multiple instances of below pipeline and observed system hang at some point.

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc is-live=true pattern=22 horizontal-speed=20 ! 'video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)864, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)10/1' ! vaapiencode_h264 min-qp=20 ! queue ! vaapidecode ! queue ! vaapisink

Didn't get any kernel logs or gstreamer error messages when it occurs. I tried below tests but didn't get helped.

1. Tried kernel version 4.8
2. Other versions of gstreamer-vaapi and libva.

Looking forward for your suggestions and let me know if you need more information.

Best Regards,
Veeranna