[Libva] mpv: /var/tmp/paludis/x11-libs-libva-1.6.2/work/libva-1.6.2/va/x11/dri2_util.c:132: union dri_buffer *dri2GetRenderingBuffer(VADriverContextP, struct dri_drawable *): Assertion `buffers' failed.

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:54:44 UTC 2016

Hi Sergey,

On 12 February 2016 at 21:48, Sergey Alirzaev <zl29ah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sometimes mpv crashes like this for no apparent reason. Nothing funny in dmesg, libva-1.6.2.

Strange mpv 0.11.0 is working rock solid here + libva 1.6.1. (I know I
should probably update).

You might want to open a bugzilla ticket, adding more information on the topic.
 - libva version, backend driver used (intel, vdpau, mesa/gallium, other)
 - hardware (pci id) where this happens
 - mpv version
 - and last but not least, how to reproduce this; are you watching
specific movie, clip, stream. can you link a trailer/demo that can be
used to reproduce.

Note I'm not a libva developer, although I'd imagine they'll suggest
the same thing ;-)

Cheers
Emil