[Libva] Decoding and rendering to DRM

Yann Dirson yann.dirson at blade-group.com
Wed Jul 6 13:06:24 UTC 2016

> Hi,
>      Here is a example for using drm rendering with libva decoding.
> https://github.com/01org/libyami-utils/blob/master/examples/grid.cpp

Thanks, that should help me going forward!

OT - until I get this working I encountered the following issues you
way want to have a look at:
* maybe it's just the autotools versions currently in Debian stretch,
but the build creates a quite surprising
examples/\$\(top_builddir\)/ :)
* --enable-dmabuf on my setup (using PKG_CONFIG_PATH to locate libyami
installed in my homedir) gets the following
 build failure, as if the CFLAGS for libyami would shadow those for
libdrm for some reason (had to run g++ by hand to get it built):
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I../tests
-I/home/yann/local/yami/include/libyami      -g -O2 -MT grid.o -MD -MP
-MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o grid.o grid.cpp &&\
mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
In file included from grid.cpp:43:0:
/usr/include/xf86drm.h:40:17: fatal error: drm.h: No such file or directory
* some binaries (grid, psnr, simpleplayer) would benefit from a "yami"
prefix to avoid potential conflicts with others
* grid (and simpleplayer) refuse to open any of the
BigBugBunny/TearsOfSteel/ElephantsDream (.mp4, .mov, .mkv),
 despite the help text showing use of .mp4 files - works OK with raw
h264 files, though, which suits me fine enough
* grid example apparently does not restore the crtc state on exit