[Libva] h264 decoding, Surface exporting to Beignet

Nikita Orlov nikitos1550 at yandex.ru
Thu May 12 11:39:22 UTC 2016

Hello!

I am decoding h264 via VAAPI, after I have decoded frame in VASurface, I export it to BEIGNET:
1)vaDeriveImage
2)vaAcquireBufferHandle
3)clCreateBufferFromLibvaIntel

The problem, that after I call vaDeriveImage, it seems Surface is not more can be accessed by decoder and as future frames are referencing to this Surface, I can`t decode them.
I need to release buffer handle and destroy VAImage, before Surface can be accessed by decoder again.

Is it ok? Or am I doing something wrong?

By the way, what is difference between Image and Buffer objects? I mean I can export VAImage to Beignet Image or Buffer.
Are there any difference in internal intel hardware for these two types of objects?

--
Nikita Orlov
Skype: nik_stet