[Libva] Evaluate VP9 Hardware accelerated encode/decode on KabyLake

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Tue Nov 29 08:11:57 UTC 2016

1. Linux kernel

It would be better to install a recent stable kernel or rc kernel. The
kernel in the specific Linux OS might not support Kabylake.

2. Mesa/Cairo

It is not needed.

3. Xorg / xf86-video-intel

It is not needed if you won't playback a video, otherwise you should
check xf86-video-intel supports Kabylake or not. Usually you needn't
update Xorg.

4. libdrm

libdrm in the specific Linux OS might not support Kabylake, so it would
be better to install a recent version of libdrm.

5. libva/libva-intel-driver

The latest version is 1.7.3

Thanks
Haihao