[Libva] libyami 1.1.0 release

Sean V Kelley seanvk at posteo.de
Sat Jan 21 06:33:03 UTC 2017

On Friday, January 20, 2017 1:32:36 AM PST Xu, Guangxin wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Libyami 1.1.0 released. You can get the code at
> https://github.com/01org/libyami/releases/tag/libyami-1.1.0
> https://github.com/01org/libyami-utils/releases/tag/1.1.0
>
> Here is release summary:
> libyami 1.1.0(API:0.4.0) release, work with libva 1.7.3 release
> =====================
> We add following major features:
> +3daae20 add Hue, Saturation, Brightness and Contrast to vpp
> +0c8299c fix memory leak issue in v4l2
> +71ec018 fix h264 baseline encoder fail issue
> +d39104d fix h264/h265 encoder generate invalid frame for long GOP
> +c7364f0 add h265 10 bits encoder
>
> We change API from 0.3.2 to 0.4.0 since following interface changes
> +7c6050b add enablePrefixNalUnit to h264 encoder
> +3daae20 add Hue, Saturation, Brightness and Contrast to vpp
> +c7364f0 add h265 10 bits encoder
>

> This release brought you by:
> Halley Zhao
> He Qiang
> Li Zhijian
> Linda Yu
> Sebastian Ramacher
> U. Artie Eoff
> Wu Dongping
> Xu Guangxin
> Yu Jiankang
>
> Best Regards.
>

> From: libyami [mailto:libyami-bounces at lists.01.org] On Behalf Of Xu,
> Guangxin Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 3:12 PM
> To: 'libyami at lists.01.org' <libyami at ml01.01.org>;
> libva at lists.freedesktop.org Cc: Luo, Focus <focus.luo at intel.com>; Chehab,
> John <john.chehab at intel.com>; Zhuang, Lena <lena.zhuang at intel.com> Subject:
> [libyami] libyami 1.0.1 release
>
> Hi all:
> We have released a minor version for H264 SVC Temporal (frame rate)
> scalability encoder (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Video_Coding).
>
> We implemented a subset for SVC-T, which includes following features:
> 1.            SVC-T hierarchical P coding.
> (http://iphome.hhi.de/wiegand/assets/pdfs/2010_12_PCS_h264.pdf) 2.
>   CQP and per layer CBR bitrate control. Maximum 4 layers supported.(This
> need libva 1.7.3)
>
> It will make generated stream tolerable  to transmission errors. Two target
> usages will get direct benefit from this. Video chat or DSS(digital
> security and surveillance).
>
> You can have a try.
>

> Best Regards.
>

> libyami 1.0.1(API:0.3.2) release, work with libva 1.7.3 release
> =====================
> This release mainly for SVC-T CBR support.We add following features:
> +0a241d2 add h264 SVC-T CBR support. This need libva 1.7.3.
> +77ba612 fix h264/h265 nalread issue in 32 bits arch
> +2c1fcf3 h264parser: change luma_weight_lx from int8_t to int16_t to avoid
> overflow +e2a9e07 vp8parser: fix one decoder conformance issue.
> +fb83012 make yocto buildable
> +518088e add wireframe function to ocl filters
> +other small issues.

> [...]

I've recently created packaging support for Libyami and Libyami utils for
OpenSuse.  I'm getting them into OpenSuse:Factory for use with Tumbleweed
(OpenSuse Rolling Release).  In the meantime you can use my OBS built packages
here, updated for this release:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:seanvk/libyami
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:seanvk/libyami-utils

Best regards,