[LightDM] Problem with LightDM on Solaris build

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:47:40 PST 2011

These are required because there are cases where the root daemon
process needs to access files in user directories.  This is to avoid
various security problems with symlinks.  Does Solaris have something
equivalent to drop the privileges?  If we can detect existence of
these function then we should conditionally use them or just have an
#ifdef SOLARIS.