[LightDM] GDB before/after hook script replacements?

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at trafigura.com
Mon Oct 17 05:11:49 PDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: lightdm-bounces+gabriel.rossetti=trafigura.com at lists.freedesktop.org [mailto:lightdm-bounces+gabriel.rossetti=trafigura.com at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Guido Berhoerster
Sent: 17 October 2011 14:00
To: lightdm at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: [LightDM] GDB before/after hook script replacements?

* Gabriel Rossetti <gabriel.rossetti at trafigura.com> [2011-10-17 13:42]:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm about to upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10 which used LightDM instead of GDM. I use Synergy-FOSS to share my mouse and keyboard in between  several machines, the server is running on the Linux box. I currently use the GDM scripts & before/after hooks to run it:
>
> *       /etc/gdm/Init/Default: (to have it start so it's running with GDM login screen, it runs as root)
>       [code start]
>       /usr/bin/killall synergys
>       while [ $(pgrep -x synergys) ]; do sleep 0.1; done
>       /usr/bin/synergys --config /etc/synergy.conf
>       [code stop]
>
> *       /etc/gdm/PostLogin/Default: (run after login, this kills the version running as root)
>       [code start]
>       /usr/bin/killall synergys
>       while [ $(pgrep -x synergys) ]; do sleep 0.1; done
>       [code stop]
>
> *       /etc/X11/Xsession.d/85synergys: (runs during the user's session startup, runs it as the user)
>       [code start]
>       /usr/bin/killall synergys # not sure why this is here, the examples on the net had this, probably a mistake)
>       while [ $(pgrep -x synergys) ]; do sleep 0.1; done
>       /usr/bin/synergys --config /etc/synergy.conf
>       [code stop]
>
> I'm trying to find the equivalent for LightDM but I'm coming up empty handed... can someone please help?

greeter-setup-script is the equivalent to Init, the Xsession.d
stuff is probably run by your distribution's session wrapper
controlled by the session-wrapper setting and there is currently
no equivalent to GDM's PostLogin.

--
Guido Berhoerster

Thanks Guido,

So I guess my next question is how would I be able to have Synergy server running like it currently does?

Cheers,
Gabriel

This email and any attachments are confidential and access to this email or attachment by anyone other than the addressee is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and delete the email including any attachments. You must not disclose or distribute any of the contents to any other person. Personal views or opinions are solely those of the author and not of Trafigura. Trafigura does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference. By communicating with anyone at Trafigura by email, you consent to the monitoring or interception of such email by Trafigura in accordance with its internal policies. Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted.