[LightDM] Autologin (lightdm) questions

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 18:07:44 PDT 2014

Hi Robert.

I responded to you on June 29th:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/lightdm/2014-June/000628.html

To answer your further questions:
- While many systems are likely only set up with one user set to autologin
it is not uncommon to have multiple user accounts with and without
autologin. I do expect this use case to work fine.
- Unity Greeter (the default greeter used in Ubuntu) does not give visual
indication of timed logins (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1121660)
- The version of LightDM in 14.04 does not support automatic login after a
session ends (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1302491)
- Yes, you can use alternative display managers in Ubuntu. For example, GDM.
- If you think you've found a bug, attach the logs as requested in the
first reply and file a bug against LightDM (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm/+filebug)

--Robert