[LightDM] Building on XStreamOS/illumos

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Tue Mar 25 05:45:55 PDT 2014

Hi,
I'm trying to make LightDM the default DM for our beta XStreamOS Desktop, based on illumos (Solaris).
At the moment we have our desktop running with lxdm, and we want to switch.
I could patch, build and publish the software.
While trying to run it manually from text console, I get a black screen hanging forever.
The log stops "DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X server :0".
The X server log looks like it is started normally (as it does with lxdm).
How can I debug this signal not coming?
Thanks for any help
Gabriele.