[LightDM] Building on XStreamOS/illumos

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Tue Mar 25 07:25:22 PDT 2014

Yes, I have the gtk greeter. But I think it didn't get to that stage yet. Just hangs waiting for X signal
Da: tjoen
A: lightdm at lists.freedesktop.org
Data: 25 marzo 2014 14.47.31 CET
Oggetto: Re: [LightDM] Building on XStreamOS/illumos
On 25-03-14 13:45, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
I'm trying to make LightDM the default DM for our beta XStreamOS
Desktop, based on illumos (Solaris).
At the moment we have our desktop running with lxdm, and we want to
switch.
I could patch, build and publish the software.
While trying to run it manually from text console, I get a black
screen hanging forever.
The log stops "DisplayServer x-0: Waiting for ready signal from X
server :0".
The X server log looks like it is started normally (as it does with lxdm).
Correction on my previous posting, should be:
Do you have a greeter?