[LightDM] Login banner question

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 23:06:08 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel,

It is up to the greeter to choose if it shows anything like this.

In the case of Unity Greeter, it does not have this feature but there is a
method to workaround it [1]. I'm not sure if any other greeters have this
feature.

Note, I just added some functions into liblightdm for version 1.21.0 which
allows a greeter to easily get the contents of /etc/motd if they are
interested in implementing a login banner.

Hope this helps,
--Robert

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1097053