[LightDM] Greeter background/keyboard layouts/messages flag updated to work with upstream AccountsService

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 04:15:01 UTC 2017

LightDM has a feature that allows the user background to be used in the
greeter. This relied on patches to AccountsService that never made it
upstream. Since we developed the feature AccountsService added an extension
system to allow other data to be added to users. I've (finally) updated
LightDM to use this system [1].

If you have a desktop that was using this system you will need to update it
to use the new method of setting this data. See the Unity Settings Daemon
patch [2] if you want to see how to do this.

--Robert

[1]
https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/lightdm/commit/6015bce25f241e7580c03594d846769f8236232f

[2]