[LightDM] clogged socket

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Thu Mar 2 10:31:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

I find my lightdm (1.10.3-3 on Debian Jessie) do something suspicous. It
connects to Xorg but apparently does not handle the connection
properly. After a few switches betwen tty1 and X a noticable amount of
data fills the buffers between the two processes (ss -p | grep 9689907\\\|^Netid)

Netid  State  Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address:Port          Peer Address:Port
u_str  ESTAB  0      148992  @/tmp/.X11-unix/X0 9689907  * 9691709 users:(("Xorg",pid=11405,fd=18))
u_str  ESTAB  6208   0                        * 9691709  * 9689907 users:(("lightdm",pid=10124,fd=11))

The values in Recv-Q and Send-Q increase evertime I switch between vt
and X. I am not quite sure it can hurt but I think my X locked (I could
move mouse but screen didn't change) today after switching a few times
between a virtual console and the X.

I grepped the source code and found XOpenDisplay(3x) used once in
liblightdm-gobject/layout.c in a way that bothers me a bit. The obtained
display is saved in a module variable, used only once and not closed
anywhere.

Kind regards,
--
Łukasz Stelmach