[LightDM] LightDM crashes when switching from another X session

Fraser_Bell Fraser_Bell at openSUSE.org
Thu Sep 21 23:36:13 UTC 2017

On 09/20/2017 10:02 PM, Robert Ancell wrote:
> Hi Marcin,
>
> Is it LightDM crashing? Have you had a look at the contents of
> /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log?
I would suspect that, yes, LightDM is crashing.  I plan to open a bug
report, but I have other projects to deal with at the moment, then I
will investigate deeper before filing a bug.

It is happening to me on two different PCs.  In my case, on bootup,
LightDM crashes just before the Greeter is supposed to come up and I am
staring at a blank (black) screen.

I am running in 2 different versions of openSUSE.

I switched the Display Manager to KDM, and the problem has vanished.

Both PCs are running Intel GPUs, so that is a common factor and might be
involved in the problem.

--
-Gerry Makaro
aka Fraser_Bell on the forums, IRC, and mail at openSUSE.org