[Mesa-announce] [Mesa-dev] Mesa 10.3 release candidate 1

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 01:07:38 PST 2014

On 5 November 2014 04:44, Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

(...)

>>> Thanks. Maybe you could give a little more information, like an error
>>> message or something?
>>
>> Same error as Thierry reported in this thread in August:
>
> Unfortunately Thierry's was from a re-run of make, so it wasn't useful.

No It wasn't a re-run!
It was a clean build in our build system with make -jXX with XX auto set to
the number of cores and is always reproducable given enough cores

> I've gone over this all and can't spot the problem. The dependencies
> look fine. I tried automake-1.13 and 1.14, and make-3.82 and 4.0.
> Maybe I'll have more luck on a 40 core system.

As already explained, in order to be able to reproduce, you must either have
a large system or force make -j to a high value (eg: -j24)