[Mesa-announce] Mesa package for Debian systems

Gael Le Mignot kilobug at freesurf.fr
Tue Jul 12 07:12:56 UTC 2016

Hello,

 > Hi,
 > I just wanted to know when the mesa packages will arrive at the
 > official repositories on Debian (and possibly Ubuntu).

 > I have an Intel HD 4000 i wanted to test out the new Vulkan driver,
 > but i do not want to make && make install because the last time i did
 > that i almost broke my system.

 > Is there an exact date of release, or will it be a random day?

Well, usually Mesa arrives in unstable (sid) a couple of days, perhaps
one week or two, after release, but I don't know about exact deadline.

If you really are in a hurry, you can use semi-official builds like
https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers it's for
Ubuntu but it does work well on Debian too. But you're entering the
realm of git versions, bugs may pop and go between builds.

Regards,
Gaƫl Le Mignot / Kilobug