[Mesa-dev] fixed function vertex program and point sprites

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 22:46:03 PDT 2010

So I've been trying to make r300g do point sprites for a few days now,
and I've pulled out quite a lot of hair blaming pieces of hardware
along with random r300g states.

I finally noticed I was getting vertex emits for texcoords, which I
really shouldn't have, and the radeon hw once the VP gets asked to
emit something to the rasteriser, its overwrites the stuffing values,
so nothing ever gets stuffed which is quite annoying.

So I tracked back why the vertex shader was touching texcoords as
there was no reason for it to in the point sprite case, and this patch
is the result.

It seems like the correct thing to do but comment as to what it might
violate are welcome.

Thanks,
Dave.