[Mesa-dev] Mesa (gallium-index-bias): gallium: Add index bias parameter to draw_elements and friends.

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 06:54:52 PDT 2010

On 19 April 2010 15:38, José Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:
> A big user of this extension would be wine, but I've checked their
> source code and they don't use it yet. Actually, they just set negative
> vertex buffers offsets as a unsigned and pray that the two's complement
> arithmetic inside the GL driver just works.

Actually, I do have a patch for Wine that adds support for this
extension, but didn't integrate it yet. The main reason for that is
that in my initial tests it didn't make a whole lot of a difference in
performance, probably because we're respecifying the array pointers
anyway for different reasons. So yeah, Wine would be a user of this
extension, but I think we need to fix some other things first.