[Mesa-dev] gallium + depth modes

Roland Scheidegger sroland at vmware.com
Mon Apr 19 08:00:30 PDT 2010

On 17.04.2010 09:40, Dave Airlie wrote:
> I started trying to make softpipe pass depth-tex-modes in piglit, but
> I'm failing maybe someone else can spot the stupid.
>
> Patch is attached. It might be something unrelated, since the patch to
> me looks like it should dtrt. It fixes the alpha case at least.

Looks to me like it would still be bogus in sample_compare since (in the
   switch (sampler->compare_func) part) it will always use the same
channel, but it should use the actual depth value.

That said, I don't like that patch.
I thought the plan was to use the swizzle values in sampler view to
figure out if that's a luminance/alpha/intensity depth texture - that
way you also wouldn't need to extend sample_compare to handle the
special case of sampler->compare_mode being not PIPE_TEX_COMPARE_NONE
but sampler->depth_mode being disabled. Of course you'd need to extend
normal simpling to handle non-native swizzling then but this will be
needed for ARB_texture_swizzle anyway.

Roland