[Mesa-dev] WebGL on linux

Aljoša Mohorović aljosa.mohorovic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:48:37 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Sven Arvidsson <sa at whiz.se> wrote:
> I guess I was mostly curious about any experiences with Mesa and WebGL
> in Chrome.
>
> I only gave it a quick try a few days ago, but didn't get any further
> than "Couldn't enable WebGL - sorry" or something similar.

i've tried to enable webgl in chrome/webkit and firefox dev builds on
intel and ati cards but got the same results.
since i'm running opengl apps on both cards i guess it is something
related with webgl implementation in browsers.
i've posted this because i don't want linux/xorg to have the worst
support for webgl but if both chrome and firefox dev builds are
failing (i've tested this on 2 different cards and did some research)
most system with xorg will have no support for webgl.

what i would actually like to see is somebody who works with
xorg/mesa3d on a daily basis to check if there is something wrong with
approach webkit/firefox is taking to implement webgl when running
under xorg.
i know it's a lot to ask since time is valuable but i do hope somebody
will find time to see if this can be corrected.
thanks

Aljosa Mohorovic