[Mesa-dev] Current tinderbox regression (egl, parallel make)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 15:14:36 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://tinderbox.x.org/builds/2010-04-26-0020/logs/libGL/#build
>
> gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `depend', needed by `default'.  Stop.
> gmake[2]: *** [../../../progs/egl/eglut/libeglut-screen.a] Error 2
> gmake[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> [...]
> ar: creating libeglut-x11.a
> ar: creating libeglut-screen.a
> make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
> make: *** [default] Error 1
>
> Seems to have broken in the last twelve hours or so, building with -j4.
> It's repeatable across build attempts.

progs/egl/opengl/Makefile is really nasty and makes this tough to
debug. I can't tell exactly what causes the error, but the build is
trying to jump from egl/opengl to egl/eglut to build the two
convenience libraries. Why it sees the depend target but not the rule,
I don't know. Does it build without parallel jobs?

It would be much better if egl/eglut was just built first before going
to build the demos. Adding Chia-I since I can't really tell what's
supposed to be happening.

--
Dan