[Mesa-dev] VTK Offscreen Segfaults

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Aug 6 04:13:59 PDT 2010

On 08/05/2010 07:07 PM, tom fogal wrote:
> Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> writes:
> [snip]
>
>> My other hunch is something is duplicated in the libOSMesa and libGL
>> libraries that's causing things to blow up in general.
>>
> Do note that both of these issues are from the pre-"-fvisibility=hidden
> by default" days, which I was hoping/thinking would fix
> things... haven't looked into it though.  It was also
> previous to Dan's recent 'change how libOSMesa is linked' fix
> (cbf30fce322506bd43692617de9d201533f41532)... but that commit is also
> required to fix a Mac linking issue, so I wouldn't advocate throwing it
> away for 7.8.

Although I noticed the segfault with mesa configured and built with :

./autogen.sh \
  --with-driver=xlib \
  --disable-gallium \
  --without-demos
make -j 8

Because I have never been able to produce a working offscreen VTK with
mesa configured this way, and since -fvisibility=hidden was added the
./autogen.sh way did not even build VTK untill the
cbf30fce322506bd43692617de9d201533f41532 change. and that was about the
same time that offscreen rendering stopped working for me no matter how
I built mesa, my git bisect script uses :

make -j8  linux-x86-64-debug

so -fvisibility=hidden is not added to the command line of the builds in
the git bisection.