[Mesa-dev] Merge of glsl2 branch to master

Tom Stellard tstellar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:57:40 PDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 03:24:50PM -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:

> As of today the glsl2 branch has three piglit regressions WRT master,
> and there is only one crashing piglit tests.  As before, we have tested
> swrast and i965.  For master I used commit 27041d7cb, and for glsl2 I
> used commit c234d0b2.  The results are available at
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~idr/results/.  The regressed tests cases are:
>
>  * draw_buffers-05.vert - As mentioned previously, the spec is ambiguous
> and Nvidia and AMD produce different results for this test.  Until the
> spec ambiguity is resolved, I don't care about this failure.
>
> * glsl1-texcoord varying - This test accesses gl_TexCoord[] using a
> non-constant index without dimensioning the array. The new compiler
> correctly rejects this shader. Nvidia accepts it, but I believe they're
> going outside the spec (which they do a lot). I haven't tested this on
> AMD or Apple yet. Is this shader from an application?  We've changed the
> test in piglit commit c6146f121, but I think it still isn't quite right.
>
>  * fbo-drawbuffers-maxtargets - Fails on i965 because we don' have loop
> unrolling in the compiler or good array handling in the driver.  We'll
> get loop unolling in the compiler first.  Proper array handling will
> come to the driver once we move away from using Mesa IR.
>

> I propose that we merge master to glsl2 on *Friday, August 13th* (one
> week from today).  Barring unforeseen issues, I propose that we merge
> glsl2 to master on *Monday, August 16th*.

Here is a summary of the piglit regressions on r300g (with an r500 card)

These fail because r300 does not implement the SSG opcode:
glsl1-acos(vec4) function
glsl1-asin(vec4) function
glsl1-atan(vec4) function
glsl-fs-asin
glsl-fs-atan-1
glsl-fs-sign
glsl-vs-sign

This one fails because r300 does not implement the DP2 opcode:
glsl-fs-dot-vec2

These fail because r300 does not implement the CONT opcode:
glsl1-for-loop with continue
glsl1-while-loop with continue

This one was fixed in master after master was merged into glsl2:
glsl1-discard statement in for loop

Not sure why this fails yet:
glsl-fs-loop-nested

These fail on both r300g and llvmpipe with this error:
tgsi/tgsi_ureg.c:746:ureg_emit_src: Assertion `src.File != TGSI_FILE_OUTPUT' failed.

glsl-orangebook-ch06-bump
glsl-deadcode-varying

Almost all of the regressions are unimplemented opcodes in the r300
compiler and shouldn't be a big problem to fix.  I haven't looked into
the last two regressions, but they appear to be gallium specific.

-Tom

P.S. What is the definition of the SSG opcode?  I can't find
documentation for it.