[Mesa-dev] Merge criteria for glsl2 branch

Keith Whitwell keithw at vmware.com
Wed Aug 11 07:25:53 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 18:53 -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:

> One of the items on the TODO list is proper support for GLSL ES.  That
> work won't happen until the last couple weeks of August, so I don't
> think any sort of ES testing is suitable merge criteria.  Unless, of
> course, the tests in question should also work on desktop GLSL.
>
> We haven't and, for all practical purposes, can't test with Gallium

Ian,

I think I'm going to have to ask you to broaden your horizons a little
on this.  There's no reason at all you can't be testing softpipe or
llvmpipe, and these are much better vehicles for shader-related testing
than swrast will ever be.

I can't see any reason to be making this sort of statement when there
are a choice of two software rasterizers you can look at.  It's not like
we're talking about some out-of-tree component - you already have the
code, you just have to build it and drop it into your testing.

Keith