[Mesa-dev] [PATCH 6/6] translate_sse: major rewrite
luca at luca-barbieri.com
Thu Aug 12 10:22:06 PDT 2010
translate_sse is currently very limited to the point of
being useless in essentially all cases.
In particular, it only support some float32 and unorm8
formats and doesn't work on x86-64.
This commit rewrites it to support:
1. Dumb memory copy for any pair of identical formats
2. All formats that are swizzles of each other
3. Converting 32/64-bit floats and all 8/16/32-bit integers to 32-bit float
4. Converting unorm8/snorm8 to snorm16 and uscaled8/sscaled8 to sscaled16
5. Support for x86-64 (doesn't take advantage of it in any way though)
This new translate can even be useful to translate index buffers for
cards that lack 8-bit index support.
It passes the testsuite I wrote, but note that this is a major change, and more
testing would be great.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 8397 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the mesa-dev