[Mesa-dev] Merging gallium-rect-textures and debug-refcnt?

Luca Barbieri luca at luca-barbieri.com
Fri Aug 20 01:54:49 PDT 2010

> Yes, definitely.  Thanks again for your efforts on this, Luca.
No problem :)

> Sounds like a useful facility, I hadn't noticed these commits though -
> let me take a look.
>
> I see some direct header file inclusions, not sure if that's an issue
> for embedded platforms - maybe Jose can comment.
Indeed I just found out there is an os_stream_stdc.h that I suppose I
should use instead of the FILE* APIs.
s(n)printf is OK instead, right?
I also attempted to disabled it for Windows kernel mode, alhough it
would be nice to have some sort of PIPE_USER_MODE/PIPE_KERNEL_MODE
macro to do it more generically.
BTW, it's usually possible to write files from kernel mode too, even
though it might require substantially more effort (e.g. to buffer data
and write it with a separate thread if you can't sleep).

> Possibly some of these
> facilities are more os/ than util/  ?
u_debug_symbol.c was already in util, and the rest is based on that.
That said, parts of u_debug_symbol.c would indeed be probably best
moved to an OS-specific area, since they are indeed heavily
OS-specific.