[Mesa-dev] Xlib GL needs -ltalloc

Jon TURNEY jon.turney at dronecode.org.uk
Fri Aug 27 14:34:59 PDT 2010

On 27/08/2010 21:40, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
>   On 08/27/2010 02:45 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>>
>> Updated patch attached.
>
> No luck, I still get  :
>
> /home/kevin/mesa_xlib/lib/libGL.so: undefined reference to
> `talloc_strdup'
>
> and such when I link an application against libGL.so and there is
> no talloc in the output of 'ldd libGL.so'.

Um.  Sorry for the confusion, but there are two separate patches in this thread.

Did you try the first patch "Add talloc to dependencies for libGL built with
xlib driver", or the second patch "Add talloc to osmesa library dependencies",
which won't fix your issue? :-)

> sgallagh at redhat.com said to me :
>
>> My guess is that you're running afoul of the changes in the linker. It
>> used to be that the linker would implicitly link against the
>> dependencies of anything you linked with. Now it has to be explicit.
>
> Is this even something Mesa can fix? Other dependencies are
> pulled in though.

I have no idea what this refers to.