[Mesa-dev] Check OpenGL and OpenGL ES2.0 renderer info in one process

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Thu Dec 9 05:51:26 PST 2010

2010/12/9 Jammy Zhou <jammy.zhou at linaro.org>:
> Hi All,
>
> Currently I am doing some experiments with mesa 7.9 driver to check the
> renderer info of underlying OpenGL and OpenGL ES2.0 drivers to decide which
> driver to use at runtime. With my code attached, the renderer info for GLES2
> can be got successfully, and although the EGL and GLES2 libraries are
> unloaded before creating the GLX context, glGetString(GL_RENDERER) for
> OpenGL still returns NULL. After enable MESA_DEBUG, I found the error
> message "GL User Error: calling GL function without a rendering context",
> and many warnings as "Mesa warning: failed to remap ....".  I also changed
> the sequence for GL and GLES2, but got similar results. If do separately,
> both renderer info can be got successfully. It seems that EGL/GLES2 and
> GLX/GL affects each other in this case, may be related to library
> load/unload(?). Do you guys have some ideas to solve this problem?

Yes, this is a limitation in the way the dri driver implements
different APIs.  We have a few global tables that get initialized with
API specific data, so if you switch to a different GL API later, it
will give you the remapping errors you saw.

It would be nice to fix, but I don't know that anybody is looking into it.

Kristian