[Mesa-dev] Mesa build fails with xlib/egl

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:40:42 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Lionel Landwerlin
<llandwerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response, it worked well.
>
> I have another question but first I think I need to give some context.
>
> I'm trying to build an environment on my laptop which mimics what I'm
> going to use on an embedded target. What I expect to find on my embedded
> target is a closed source libGL (EGL + GLES2.0) which is bound to the
> linux frame buffer interface as native system. Hopefully I will have
> access to an SDK which permits to "repackage" the GL library so it will
> use x11 as native system.
> Also I'm planning to use an X11 compositor to render the different
> applications which run on the system, and also I expect applications to
> use OpenGL for whatever stuff they need.
>
> In this scenario, I understand that everyone (including the xserver)
> will use direct rendering (which means to me that no one is going to
> forward its GL commands to the xserver, but maybe did I misunderstood
> something).
>
> So my question is, how do I build such a system ? To be precise, what
> options should I give to the configure script of Mesa ?
If you are simulating the environment on your desktop, either egl_dri2 or
egl_gallium should satisfy your need.  But you need to use a hardware driver.
Neither of the EGL drivers supports texture-from-pixmap with a software
rasterizer.

Both drivers support EGL_KHR_image_pixmap for t-f-p.  Only egl_dri2 supports
EGL_NOK_texture_from_pixmap.  But it is trivial to add
EGL_NOK_texture_from_pixmap support to egl_gallium.
> Maybe am I wrong about this. Maybe indirect rendering will out perform
> direct rendering in such configuration, so anyone comments/advices on
> the subject are more than welcome.
EGL does not define a protocol for indirect rendering.

--
olv at LunarG.com