[Mesa-dev] demos / glew configure bug

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Tue Jul 13 07:42:19 PDT 2010

On 07/13/2010 08:07 AM, Brian Paul wrote:

> I'm setting up the Mesa demos repo on a new system. autogen.sh fails
> because it can't find GLEW. I think autogen is looking for GLEW in
> /usr/include/GL/ and /usr/lib/libGLEW.a instead of using the copy of
> GLEW in the demos tree itself.
>
> Dan, can you fix that?
>

> $ ./autogen.sh
> [...]
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for GL... yes
> checking GL/glut.h usability... no
> checking GL/glut.h presence... no
> checking for GL/glut.h... no
> checking for glutInit in -lglut... no
> checking for GLEW... no
> checking GL/glew.h usability... no
> checking GL/glew.h presence... no
> checking for GL/glew.h... no
> configure: error: GLEW required

Digging deeper...  The issue is actually in the configure script (I
think).  Even after copying libGLEW.a from Mesa 7.8.2 into
/usr/lib/libGLEW.a (which is the same as /usr/lib64/) configure is
failing:

[...]
checking for GL... yes
checking GL/glut.h usability... no
checking GL/glut.h presence... no
checking for GL/glut.h... no
checking for glutInit in -lglut... no
checking for GLEW... no
checking GL/glew.h usability... yes
checking GL/glew.h presence... yes
checking for GL/glew.h... yes
checking for glewInit in -lGLEW... no
configure: error: GLEW required

I wrote a test program that just calls glewInit() and compiled it with
'gcc foo.c -lGLEW -lGL -o foo' and it worked fine.

-Brian