[Mesa-dev] Optimizations in mesa shader compiler

Segovia, Benjamin benjamin.segovia at intel.com
Tue Jul 13 15:11:43 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I just looked at the (intermediate) code produced by the shader compiler. In the last version, I did not find anything on constant propagation and constant computations. In the Intel current driver, the final gen code produces an ugly sequence of computations of constant values (known at compile time). I would like to spend some time on it but I am wondering if it is still supported or if other shader compilers are going to replace it.

Cheers,
Ben