[Mesa-dev] opencl (clover) patches question

Zack Rusin zackr at vmware.com
Fri Jul 23 07:39:53 PDT 2010

On Thursday 22 July 2010 20:33:59 Anthony Waters wrote:
> sounds good,
>
> the patches in
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa3d-dev@lists.sourceforge.net/msg10561.html
> don't produce any conflicts with the commit from 3/28, they applied
> cleanly into my working copy with a 3 way merge through git am -3
>
> not sure if this is a concern or not, but after the 3 way merge the
> commit log is not in chronological order anymore

That doesn't really matter. Just so that I know do you actually have a plan or
are you just playing around? I'm asking because the reason the Clover
repository is waiting is because the entire codebase will depend on the
infrastructure for GPGPU in Gallium, Clang integration and LLVM code-gen code.
In the gallium resources branch I've the first crucial part of the changes in
Gallium which is support for buffer reads and gather instructions. Then we'll
need to implement scatter and memory spaces.
TBH anything short of that Gallium/Clang/LLVM infrastructure work is at this
point not very useful because it will just be rewritten later. Actually from
the simpler stuff maybe cleaning up the build system or changing the testing
framework to QtTest would be useful for later. I wouldn't spend any time on
anything but that at this point.