[Mesa-dev] gallium bound checking patch broke r600g in weird way

Zack Rusin zackr at vmware.com
Fri Jul 30 16:10:21 PDT 2010

On Friday 30 July 2010 17:51:21 Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
> On 30 jul 2010, at 14.02, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:

> >> I took a quick look but didn't find anything.
> >>
> >> Maybe try a make clean and rebuild just in case?
> >
> > I'm getting the same with swrastg on in 32bit VM, "git clean -fdx":ed
> > even.
>
> Me and Jerome tracked it down to the SSE code generated by the tgsi
> runtime. Exporting GALLIUM_NOSSE avoids the bug. I'm guessing you are
> either using LLVM or 64bit which doesn't have SSE codegen.

We actually talked about removing the SSE code from draw. We have the
interpreted paths (safe and easier to debug) and the LLVM paths (for
performance) and the no one is too keen to maintain the SSE code.

Unless someone would like to maintain the SSE paths if I'll have a bit of time
I'm probably going to remove them next week. They'll be still in the git
history if someone will ever want to bring them back but right now they tend
to crash a bit (like in this case) which is more trouble than it's worth.