[Mesa-dev] GLSL clipping

tom fogal tfogal at alumni.unh.edu
Wed Jun 2 12:15:06 PDT 2010

I'm using the classic (OS)Mesa driver w/ GLSL.

I see from:

  http://www.mesa3d.org/shading.html

that gl_ClipVertex is unsupported, which probably explains why I'm
getting such strange results when I use it :)

I might be interested in taking a stab at this, or perhaps just skip
ClipVertex entirely and jump right to ClipDistance.  The machinery
is basically all there, right?  It seems like the compiler already
parses this (or ignores unknown tokens?); would I just need to add some
semantic analysis && then glue to call the existing clipping code, or
am I opening up a large can of worms here?

Thanks,

-tom