[Mesa-dev] TFP broken since 913d7c388d1167a6cb3ccb52eb50f4c4f183b033

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 03:55:03 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since we ignore internal format TFP no longer works with the RGB case.
>
> So when you said it needs a sane fix, you also should have said it
> needs a regression fixed.
>
> I'll see if I can figure something out, TFP breaking so often is
> getting a bit tiresome.

Attached is my first attempt at this, but I've no idea if I'm going in
the wrong direction, some questions in the patch reproduced here:

open issues:
1. can sampler view go from any to any? or are there compatiblity
limitations on what formats can be represented in different views? if
so where is the spelt out?

2. should the views be dealt with inside finalize_texture and not
update_textures?

Dave.