[Mesa-dev] TGSI ISA formalization

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 19:04:02 PDT 2010

So I've gone ahead and pushed some more doc patches, and I'll probably
push more later too. One of them is 8b548846, which changes the TGSI
ISA listing to be grouped by caps. The bits I've guessed at are:

~ Core
~ Compute
~ Geometry
~ GLSL
~ Double

In addition, there is ps_2_x, which I'm hoping somebody can explain
for me, and CONT, which is listed under compute but already has its
own cap.

Are these acceptable? I would assume that some of these want to be
shuffled around to better match hardware. In my mind, the GLSL cap bit
is especially annoying, and it only contains some loop instructions
and NOP, and the latter can definitely be in core without hurting
things.

The goal here is to hopefully version out TGSI in a way that focuses
on the abilities of each part of the ISA and not the NV extension in
which they debuted.

If you don't have a local copy of the docs, I have an up-to-date one
at http://people.freedesktop.org/~csimpson/gallium-docs .

Oh, and could we get the swizzle info for UV and Z textures settled? I
finally doc'd the R and RG textures...

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>