[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Convert mesa to automake/libtool

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon May 3 18:29:19 PDT 2010

On Mon, 3 May 2010 15:15:25 -0700, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:
> > So anyway, I just checked out Eric's git tree and the automake branch.
> > I ran "./autogen.sh":
> >
> > $ ./autogen.sh
> > autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
> > autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
> > autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4
> > aclocal: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory
> > autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
> >
> > Off to a flying start, huh?  At this point I have no clue what's wrong.  If
> > this were Mesa/master I'd be totally stuck and feeling helpless (as I
> > usually do when I try to build X.org).  Maybe Eric's branch isn't in a
> > buildable state.  Is there another tree/branch that I should try out?
>
> :) I haven't actually tried Eric's branch. I just wanted to start the
> conversation before spending a bunch of time working on the idea. I'll
> try to check out Eric's branch in the next couple days and get it
> working (at least for the default build).

Yeah, I left that branch at the point where I got to the demos and
decided to do that step as a single project first.  In particular, the
issue you ran into is a leftover from when I had dolt (the libtool
accelerator) in place which lived in m4/, then I git rmed the dolt bits
but never removed the dir and didn't notice that failure.