[Mesa-dev] Build failure since May 6

tom fogal tfogal at alumni.unh.edu
Mon May 10 11:17:25 PDT 2010

Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohiou.edu> wrote:

> > All I really want is Mesa with OSMesa from the development
> > repository as the "reference" library for my VTK and ParaView
> > nightly test builds.
>
> ./configure --with-driver=xlib ? That will link libOSMesa to libGL,
> but that's what configs/linux-x86-64 is already doing (I think). If
> that's not working for you, please let me know. I tried to make this
> work correctly in the past, but personally use the dri drivers.

We build like that already to satisfy VTK; I didn't realize OSMesa
would appear in that library as well, so we did a second build for
OSMesa.  This would simplify things significantly.  I will give it a
try later today.

In some sense, it would still be nice to be able to work with a library
that was only OSMesa.  I imagine the additional code needed for libGL
isn't all that much, though.

-tom