[Mesa-dev] RFC: Fine grained caps for shader limits

Jakob Bornecrantz jakob at vmware.com
Tue May 11 06:38:14 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-11 11.49, José Fonseca wrote:
> Attached is my proposal for fine grained caps for shader limits.
>
> These don't cover which opcodes are supported, so PIPE_CAP_GLSL and
> PIPE_CAP_SM3 remains. I think that PIPE_CAP_SM3 should be rename to
> PIPE_CAP_SM, which shader model major/minor version encoded in a dword.
> PIPE_CAP_GLSL could probably be derived from everything else.

Since we are moving to fine grade caps wouldn't it be better if we just
added caps for the actual instructions instead of having these meta
caps. Maybe not for each individual instruction but for groups
(flowctrl, derive, etc). Just a thought.

I looked at the patches and they look good to me.

Cheers Jakob.