[Mesa-dev] "glx: Only call DRI2 invalidate when necessary" breaks window resizing in nouveau

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon May 17 06:04:52 PDT 2010

2010/5/16 Xavier Chantry <chantry.xavier at gmail.com>:
> Patrice reported this a few days ago in nouveau channel and wiki,
> using xorg 1.7 and probably nvfx driver.
> I can reproduce with xorg 1.7 and nv50 with current git master.
>
> Window resizing (for example with glxgears or any mesa demos/*) is
> broken, as seen in the following picture :
> http://omploader.org/vNGM2bg
>
> If other gallium drivers work (at least llvmpipe seems to work), does
> it indicate something wrong in nouveau ?

Yes, nouveau needs to fall back calling dri2Invalidate in the
glViewport() hook like other DRI2 drivers.  If the nouveau developers
don't want to do that (I think Francisco hinted that he didn't want to
imlpement the old hack), nouveau needs to fail to load when the
__DRI_USE_INVALIDATE extension is not present in the extension list
passed from the loader (effectively requiring master xorg and mesa).

Kristian