[Mesa-dev] EGL on Windows

Jakob Bornecrantz wallbraker at gmail.com
Sun May 30 05:55:33 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Jakob Bornecrantz <wallbraker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've got access to a Windows machine recently, and I've spent some time today
>>> to add GDI backend to st/egl.  The code can be found at
>>>  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~olv/mesa/log/?h=egl-gdi
>> Cool stuff! Nice work.
> Thanks.
>>>
>>> The command options I use to build the DLLs are
>>>
>>>  $ scons statetrackers=egl drivers=softpipe
>> You can also crosscompile easily from Linux if you have
>> mingw32/mingw-w64 packages installed with scons.
> The last time I tried, the cross-compiled DLLs didn't load when I
> tried them on a Windows box.  No idea how to investigate that :(
>>> The DLLs are able to run the "tiger" demo from the OpenVG reference
>>> implementation (after fixing a bug in the demo) on Windows.
>>>
>>> I will clean up the branch as I find the time.  It is mostly SConscript work.
>>> The GDI backend itself is only slightly over 500 lines of code.
>> I would recommend breaking out the fixes from the SConscript commits.
>> Most of the fixes can probably be brought in directly. Especially the
>> "st/vega: Use FREE" commit.
> Sure.  I will do that.
>
> About the portability issues.  I have to do the following
>
> In EGL core,
>  #define snprintf _snprintf
>  #define strcasecmp _stricmp
>
> In st/vega,
>  #define isnan _isnanf
>  #define isfinite _finitef
>
> Everywhere,
>  #define PUBLIC __declspec(dllexport)
>
> Suggestions?

Hey, for the st/vega stuff that should just be a matter of creating
util_* functions and stuffing them somewhere inside aux/util/.

For the other two I think that José and Kristian where talking about
moving the aux/os stuff from gallium and into src/os so that it could
be shared between mesa/gallium/egl. Should that be done I think the
remaining two would fit into there.

José, Kristian still plans for this? Is this somebody with to much
time on their hands can take care of?

Cheers Jakob.