[Mesa-dev] Status update of XvMC on R600

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Sun Nov 7 03:40:22 PST 2010

Christian König wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> just wanted to give a little status update for the xvmc state tracker
> for r600 hardware. I think I found most of the bugs related to
> progressive video playback and it now seems to work 100%.

All the old compliance progressive streams (ones ending 015.m2v, > 015 =
interlaced, 400=4:2:2) from

ftp://ftp.tek.com/tv/test/streams/Element/MPEG-Video/625

Look OK, however both types when displayed full screen on my 1920x1080
monitor have a green line to the bottom and right of the picture.
The gap in the screen shot would contain picture on a 720 width stream
but doesn't on 352 or 704.

I also sometimes get another issue, where launching with -fs on the
small streams leaves the window sized first frame displayed.
This one may be because r600g tends to stall for me when launching apps.
It doesn't happen if I press "f" when already running.

http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/xvmc-fs-cact.png