[Mesa-dev] Status update of XvMC on R600

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Sun Nov 7 05:17:34 PST 2010

Am Samstag, den 06.11.2010, 22:55 +0000 schrieb Andy Furniss:
> Testing interlaced on 600g, I notice that (like most -vo) chroma is
> getting treated as progressive when displayed as weaved, so the "teeth"
> may look twice as bad on saturated colours.
>
> Maybe this is already on your radar, just though I would mention it.
>
> A good way to see the effect is this test stream (39meg) -
>
> http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/Pendulum.mpg
>
> mplayer -noaspect -vo x11 -vf scale=-1:-1:1
>
> will display properly (well if you call weaved proper). I guess if your
> work can be extended to de-interlace then getting interlaced chroma
> correct is going to be for the best.
We currently only support 4:2:0 and deinterlace the luma channel very
early when copying to video buffers and to be honest, I have no idea how
interlacing is handled on chroma channels when there is only one chroma
value per four result pixels. I have read the section in the mpeg
standard about "DCT coding types" multiple times and still didn't
understand it completely.

But getting a proper deinterlace filter is priority B or even C. Getting
the picture to look "right" (get rid of all block artefacts) is far more
important then getting it to look "good".

Do you have any idea what is causing the remaining block artefacts? I
have the strong feeling that it has something to do with ignoring the
"motion_vertical_field_selection", but I haven't figured out what
exactly is going wrong here.

> All the old compliance progressive streams (ones ending 015.m2v, > 015
> =
> interlaced, 400=4:2:2) from
>
> ftp://ftp.tek.com/tv/test/streams/Element/MPEG-Video/625
>
> Look OK, however both types when displayed full screen on my
> 1920x1080
> monitor have a green line to the bottom and right of the picture.
> The gap in the screen shot would contain picture on a 720 width
> stream
> but doesn't on 352 or 704.
Thanks allot for testing all of this stuff.

I also see those green lines when running full screen and sometimes also
uninitialized regions at the top black border of an 16:9 video running
on a 4:3 screen. Probably just an of by one bug somewhere in the
pipeline.

Just let me note if you have any more bugs which needs to get fixed.

Regards,
Christian.