[Mesa-dev] mesademos: SCons -> Cmake

José Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Wed Nov 10 11:17:19 PST 2010

SCons is very powerful (the only crossplatform tool with convenience
library support that I know), but there it requires a lot of
costumization (i.e, all scons/*.py). It's worth the time investment for
Mesa/Gallium drivers, but don't feel like maintain all that glue
everywhere.

For simple stuff like GL demos and test applications CMake does
everything needed out of the box. So I'm replacing all SCons build
infrastructure in mesademos (which was broken on windows since the
repository split) with CMake.

This is now done in the mesa/demos' cmake branch. Linux, cross MinGW,
and MSVC (both 32bit and 64bit) build perfectly. I've made a package of
32bit and 64bit MSVC binaries and uploaded to
http://people.freedesktop.org/~jrfonseca/mesademos/mesademos-20101110-windows.7z

I'd like to merge the branch and remove SCons.

On MSVC CMake generates a Visual studio project, so we could remove the
existing (and broken) project files too.

Let me know if there any objections/suggestions.

Jose