[Mesa-dev] cflags mess with llvm builds

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 07:56:11 PDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Normally you do that because if the user has custom include paths, you
> want them to be at the beginning of the command line.
>
> It'd be nice if the llvm people could just use pkg-config instead of
> rolling their own config tool. I thought people had stopped doing that
> by now.

If llvm used pkg-config, we could then use the following pkg-config
options to solve the problem ?
  --cflags-only-I                       output -I flags
  --cflags-only-other                   output cflags not covered by the
                                        cflags-only-I option

So the gcc line could be like this :
$(pkg-config --cflags-only-other llvm) $CFLAGS $(pkg-config
--cflags-only-I llvm)

or did you have something else in mind / are there other ways too ?