[Mesa-dev] State of gallium driver for i915/945

Brian Paul brian.e.paul at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:52:15 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Alexandre Demers <papouta at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been following the development of mesa and gallium for some time now.
> Each time a developer talks about the gallium i915/945 driver, it's always
> in  an "almost done" state... However, even now, it doesn't support
> everything the dri driver does (glxinfo shows less extensions and so on for
> the gallium driver). Is there a plan to complete the work? What's its state?
> What still needs to be done? Is there enough information around to do it? Is
> someone actively working on it? I'd be interested to work on it if something
> can be done.

I didn't see any other replies to this.  I don't think anyone is
actively working on these gallium drivers at the moment.  I believe
the i915 driver is in a fairly complete, working state.  I think the
i965 driver is functioning to a certain extent (basic rendering) but
more work is needed to round it out.  Feel free to dig into either
one.  Though if you file a bunch of bug reports against them they may
not get any attention.

-Brian