[Mesa-dev] Any plans to add type precision to GLSL IR (glsl_type etc.)?

Aras Pranckevicius aras at unity3d.com
Wed Oct 13 11:20:43 PDT 2010

> That said, I don't think it would be difficult to add precision tracking
> to the IR.  My first thought is that a field should be added to
> ir_variable to track the declared precision of the variable.  A similar
> field should then be added to ir_rvalue to track the precision of the
> expression.

Yeah, at first I thought about adding that to glsl_type, but that way
lies madness.

So I started adding it to ir_variable, ir_rvalue et al., and so far it
seems to be promising (and not hard either). Thanks for confirming
that I'm not on some crazy path!

--
Aras Pranckevičius
work: http://unity3d.com