[Mesa-dev] Fwd: openGL ES on openGL with mesa3d hardware acceleration

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:15:17 PDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM, firos ismail <firos18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>      I am working on porting openGL ES 1.0 on openGL sorce code available
> in Khronos website to PowerPC architecture. It would have no operating
> system will run as a standalone code. openGL library is built from mesa and
> is build for powerpc. The problem iam facing is i cannot use any drivers
> currently. Is there any way of avoiding driver call. Can i use OSmesa for
> openGL ES, with both working as aseparate library. While running OSMesa for
> linux the sample in mesa demos is only giving blank screen. Is OSmesa fully
> tested. Plesae help me in this regard.
I've never used OSMesa, but isn't it supposed to be off-screen?  If
you want OpenGL ES and on-screen display, I would say that you need
EGL, and an EGL driver for the display server.  If you want OpenGL ES
and off-screen rendering, I would still say that you need EGL.  But I
may be able to write a dummy EGL driver for that.
> Firos

olv at LunarG.com