[Mesa-dev] glsl2: Remove generated files from git

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Mon Sep 6 19:18:22 PDT 2010

Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> writes:
>> These files generated by bison and flex are different for me than the
>> ones checked in to git:
>>
>> src/glsl/glcpp/glcpp-lex.c
>> src/glsl/glcpp/glcpp-parse.c
>> src/glsl/glcpp/glcpp-parse.h
>> src/glsl/glsl_lexer.cpp
>> src/glsl/glsl_parser.cpp
>>
>> This is causing some annoyances for me when I do commits or switch
>> branches. Is there any reason why these files can't be removed from
>> git?
>
> One word: Windows. Welcome to my world.

How about putting "generated" files like that into a separate
subdirectory (e.g. ".../prebuilt"), which is ignored by the non-windows
builds?

Then on windows, it can simply do "cp .../prebuilt/foo .../foo" instead
of generating the file using bison or whatever.

-Miles

--
Guilt, n. The condition of one who is known to have committed an indiscretion,
as distinguished from the state of him who has covered his tracks.